Tuesday, July 20, 2010

My Summer was Four Days Long

This summer I got a much needed job. An awesome job that will look amazing on an application! But who knew being a receptionist wouldn't let me go outside ever? I did, but I guess I just forgot? Also, who knew that my friend who works at a very non stress, no skill job outside all the time great uplifting job would make more than me, who gets an email from her boss saying "You need not to forget one phone call because I didn't make it home until one last night and you almost cost the company $45,000!" I'm sorry studly little boss man that I'm a stupid little nineteen year old, I didn't know either.
This summer the cops are after me. Its neither nerve racking or exciting. Its just annoying. Yes, I sped up to 40 in a 25. Yes, I was going 75 in a 65. Yes, I was going 90 in a 75. (But I legitimately thought the speed limit was 80, honest.)I'm sorry cop man that you just happen to catch me going down hill on the way to St George and my speed crept up whithout me knowledge and not the bagillion other people who pass me when I'M going 85!
Hey summer thanks for sucking this year when I was probably the most excited to see you came again! So I got aggressive. A month ago I got a couple of day off for this month and no matter what I was going to do something! Whoa dream big! So Last week Wednesday was the eve of my stellar vacation, but still didn't know what I was going to do. Thursday morn I got up, "Hey Carina, lets go to St George instead of Moab" . . . "OK!!!". Two hours later I strapped the kids in the back and we were off. Who knew what where were going to do? Who knew what we were going to see? Not this one here.
We didn't stop the whole time. Literally, we had to force ourselves to sleep, and eating only when convenient. Buffalo Bill secured us a camp spot in Zion. Freak cancellation spree secured us a permit for the subway. God made that piece of nature beautifully breathtaking. Someones messed imagination made Inception a crazy awesome movie! Ben found a baby Lake Powell named Sand Hallow with tons of sand, warmish watter, and fun cliffs to jump off of. Cool Cave, glow stick partiii, Neilson's Custard, crinkly fries, scary tire spikes I've never experienced. Goggle sunglasses who didn't know what day it was let us camp on the beach. Years of nakedness preparation made it easy as cherry pie to get naked in the water and all over camp and to feel the absolute freedom of naked. Say naked again. Naked. MMM rock climbing. Sweat, sweat drive home.
Boom, summer in four days.
Back at work where the crazies live. I wish it was convenient to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment