Monday, September 27, 2010

Yes Man

I unconsciously trained myself to act on impulses that enter my brain. I remember thinking that I should stop thinking about what I do and just DO! And that's the last time I thought about it. I didn't even have to try to adapt this as a habit of mine. Now? See pillow, get pillow, hit Makel. Boom. Pillow fight with no before thought. At a party no less.
Good example:
I was looking at the job board at school and saw a mother in need of a tutor for Geometry for her kid. The only thing that went through my head was I could probably handle that. Without knowing. Phone. Dial. And I'm talking to Kami talking to her about her kid and this job. Didn't really get the job but that's not the point.
Bad Example:
You know when you think something and you don't say it because its inappropriate or just stupid so somewhere in your mind you think "Hey, don't actually say that". Well . . . the mind screen is gone. Good thing my mind isn't cruel or I wouldn't have friends anymore. But, things have slipped by. I'm a little more annoying, or funny, you decide. Definitely more awkward. Don't introduce me to any of your parents very soon.
And this one time I bit a friend in the shoulder . . . .
Anyways, Its been great. Learned a lot. But unlike Yes Man I did not find an awesome boyfriend. Yes, I do recommend this attitude/behavior. Yes, I'll keep on doing this but somethings I won't.
I only wish my impulse to mac my Lab TA came before I decided to think again.

1 comment:

  1. thaanks fairnoosh.

    that is what keeps replaying in my head right now.

    ReplyDelete