Thursday, June 9, 2011

I swam I swim

These events may or may not sound a little more dramatic then they are but they most definitely happened . . .
Today we the power couple start a tour at around three thirty with the tallest most giant people in the world. Everyone was at least six two! What! Even Kevin looked small.
A storm was supposed to come in but we booked it and did it for the weather looked just fine for another two hours. Then I see the thunder, I hear the lightning. But we decide to hurry along anyway. When I send off the last person from High Chesty I see it. I see the lightning! Its right here! I'm thinking shoot, we've got to skadadle when I look across the line and my heart shakes for the six foot six inch boy didn't make it. He didn't make it all the way, he came back to the belly of the line. We honestly really don't have time for this.
What do you do? Well Kevin just has to go get him. Bless his heart, the thunder will be terrifying in a lightning storm. I'm worried and stranded on High Chesty. And I feel like it just gets worst so I radio the office. They encourage us to continue for we are almost finished with the tour. Ok, understandable. But its getting worse and Kevin just got in. So I zip over and Kev Kev and I agree that we need to get down. I radio office and tell them to get the frick up here! So they're on their way, the rain is pouring wetness, and I jump down to get the belay bag.
We are scrambling to get it set up. Kev rocks the prussic, I OWN the munter. And we start. The Polaris comes. We're all wet. I mean we are WET! And we get every one down. The guides scramble down the hole. We scramble down the mountain of foot, falling in the mud. Its wet. The thunder is loudy.
Mean while, down at the barn the power is out and C.L.I.M.B Works people are waiting with out me knowing. I'm not going to lie, when we pulled into the parking lot and everyone cheered for us I felt like THE champion for like a second. Puddles in my shoes, jeans sticking to my body, water running down my everything champion.
I love my job, today was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I feel that I didn't understand a word in this post. But doesn't mean I liked it any less.
    Miss you more then words can describe.
    love you a million

    ReplyDelete